Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Wandering


John 14: Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

============

Feeling abandoned, I wandered aimlessly, with no place to go. As I tried different ways of having “fun” I still felt empty. In fact, the more, “fun” I had, the emptier I felt. “What’s the point?” I asked. I mean everyone seemed to be going somewhere in life and I had no place to go.

  • I felt church people were phony.
  • I felt the establishment was against me.
  • I felt I had no direction and no one I could trust.


Thomas told JESUS, “We do not know where YOU are going, so how can we know the “way?” JESUS gave Thomas a bigger destination. Life’s journey should be towards the FATHER.

  • GOD wants me to understand that my life should point to JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIM daily even in my earthly pursuits.
  • GOD wants me to trade in my wandering for that of a life of purpose for HIM.


JESUS is the way, the truth and the life.” Any other philosophy that distracts people from this statement is false. I mean, if I am focused on fixing a certain sin in people without having JESUS in the middle, then it may be a distraction.

JESUS wants to be first and only destination. Some philosophies want food or health or psyche or pleasure or money or human words to be their god. BUT JESUS wants to be the only truth. There is no other way to the FATHER but through JESUS. I am grateful HE came after me when I was wandering.

  • Are you wandering through life?
  • Does your life have no good direction?
  • Will you give your life to JESUS so HE can guide you to a much better place today?


No comments:

Post a Comment