Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Open to it


John 13: 26 Jesus answered, “It is he to whom I shall give a piece of bread when I have dipped it.” And having dipped the bread, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. 27 Now after the piece of bread, Satan entered him. Then Jesus said to him, “What you do, do quickly.” 28 But no one at the table knew for what reason He said this to him. 29 For some thought, because Judas had the money box, that Jesus had said to him, “Buy those things we need for the feast,” or that he should give something to the poor.

30 Having received the piece of bread, he then went out immediately. And it was night.

============

“There will be drinking and you may have sex” the party planner implied. While those exact words were not used, that was the gist of the party. I said “no” on many occasions, but this time was different. I was sulking over a dead end job, being dumped by someone I liked and being thrown out of school, all in the same week. I was open for some ”fun.”

  • Many times I have been willing to sin.
  • Many times I have made excuses for my sin.
  • Many times I have been open to sin because I felt I had been “good” and look where that got me.



JESUS is the Bread of Life. HE used bread, in this passage, to show who was open to sin. HE gave the bread to Judas who, after eating the bread, Satan entered. JESUS then sent him on his way to get the murderous church leaders. In this case, the bread did not provide life but exposed sin.

  • JESUS wants me to look at HIM when I am sulking and sad.
  • JESUS wants me to seek HIM when I am lonely and forlorn.
  • JESUS wants me to desire HIM when I am nervous and worried.


Empty vessels is what GOD made when HE created humans. Free will gives me a choice as to what I will fill myself up with. I “will” fill myself up with something, as all humans will do the same. The question is, will I fill myself up with Satan or GOD?

Fortunately for me, JESUS made it easy. HE chose me because I would not choose HIM. HE opened my eyes, ears and heart to HIM and filled me with the HOLY SPIRIT. I still sin, but because of JESUS, my sins have no hold on me.

  • What are you open to?
  • Are you looking at your life and are not satisfied with it?
  • Are you open to sin?
  • Will you ask GOD to use you today, even in the smallest way?


No comments:

Post a Comment