Thursday, November 14, 2019

Honorable Mention


John 14: 12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

============

“LORD help me pass this test” I said quickly. “Oh, I forgot, in JESUS name” I added. Days later I received my failing grade. “LORD, please pay this stack of bills” I said frustrated. “Oh, yes, in JESUS name” I grunted. I got final notices that they were going to shut off my utilities if I did not pay. I gave HIM an honorable mention.

  • When I get nervous, I simply want a quick way out of the problem.
  • When I get in trouble, I simply want the fastest way out of the trouble.
  • When I get frustrated, I simply want relief from my frustrations.


JESUS says some very profound words when HE tells the disciples they will do greater works than HE did. HE then goes on to say, “If you ask for anything ‘IN MY NAME’, I will do it. But why doesn’t this always work?

  • JESUS wants me to ask for the things HE stands for.
  • JESUS wants me to desire what HE desires.
  • JESUS wants me to bring HIS lost sheep back to HIM.


Asking a florist to fix my car will yield the same answer, namely “I cannot do that.” No matter how many times I ask, it would be out of character for the florist to do something that is outside of their “name.” GOD will not do something that is out of HIS will.

JESUS wants me to understand HIS desires, so when I ask, HE will give it to me in abundance. If someone is sick, it is not just about healing, it is about people giving their life back to GOD.

HE wants people to see HIS healing power, but only for the purpose of them, or those around them, to be excited enough to go out and tell others about HIM. I ask JESUS for the salvation of those HE has placed around me so they will be HIS disciples to reach others.

  • What do you think you need?
  • Is what you need part of GOD’s desire to bring mankind back to HIM?
  • Will you seek first what GOD desires, so HE will bless your requests abundantly?


No comments:

Post a Comment