Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Taught, Peace, Rejoice


John 14: 25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.


============

When a thug punched my frail stature, I nearly passed out. “What did I do to deserve that?” I thought to myself. When someone broke out my window and stole all of my music, I wondered, “Why did this happen to me?” When I was told “You no longer work here” after years of dedication, I felt lost and said “Why me?”

  • What am I supposed to do when things seem to go wrong?
  • What am I supposed to do when the situation seems bad?
  • What am I supposed to do when I am in pain or I am suffering or I do not have direction?


JESUS knew HIS followers would face difficulty. HE also knew that leaving would make HIS followers feel abandoned. HE gives words of comfort that can only be heard by those who love HIM.

  • JESUS says to me “I gave you the HOLY SPIRIT who will bring MY words to memory when you are in trouble.”
  • JESUS says to me “Peace will be your weapon against the things that will try to distract you from the purpose I gave you.”
  • JESUS says to me “Rejoice that I go to the FATHER because I AM alive and HE is greater than ME.”

“Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” are not easy words to hear when my heart is troubled and I am afraid. BUT GOD took care of that. HE sent someone to be with me, namely the HOLY SPIRIT.

HE teaches me and makes me remember all the things I have been brought through. HE gives me a strange “peace” when I should be troubled because I dare to trust that HE will work everything out. As for JESUS, the HOLY SPIRIT, teaches me the HE went to prepare a place just for me and HE will return, soon. I rejoice over what I am taught so I have peace.

  • Do you have peace?
  • Do you feel lost or abandoned?
  • Will you allow the HOLY SPIRIT to guide you to a place of peace today?


No comments:

Post a Comment