Monday, November 18, 2019

What Love Looks Like


John 14: 19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

============

No longer could I mask the despair, I sat in the hallway. Things were going okay, but the future seemed cloudy. With no one to guide me, I sat and cried. It was Sunday morning and I was still up from the night before. “Want to go to church with us?” a few people asked. I had avoided the question for far too long. “Sure” I said. I went and felt better. But I stopped going soon after.  

  • I once went to church looking for something, but did not find it.
  • I once went to church looking for all of my problems to be cleared up, but the magic did not happen.
  • I once went to church looking for things to immediately change in my life, but they stayed the same.


JESUS explains to HIS disciples that those who choose to follow the world will never see HIM again. But those who choose to follow HIM would be with HIM eternally. The belief that HE is the only need mankind has, creates a desire to follow HIS commandments.

  • JESUS has shown me love, and I want to do the same.
  • JESUS has given HIS live for me, and HE wants me to serve others so they will follow HIM to life.
  • JESUS has provided a way back to HIM by showing love to those HE has given me.


“A new commandment I give to you, love one another as I have loved you.” This single word is easier said than done. In this selfish world of “me” showing love to someone is a rare occurrence. BUT GOD wants me to give up the “me” lifestyle and seek the lost HE brings to mind.

JESUS wants me to abide in HIM. The only way I can do this, is to show love and truly hope “that” person will give their life to HIM, not just by church attendance, but by eternal salvation. When I let go of JESUS, HE holds onto me with a tight grip. I am grateful for HIS love and mercy.

  • Do you feel unloved?
  • Has everyone abandoned you?
  • Will you accept JESUS so HE can fill you up with IS love for others today?


No comments:

Post a Comment