Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Full of Something


John 14: 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

============

“Buying some clothes will make you happy” was one salesperson’s philosophy spoken to me. I went along with it and it did make me feel a little better. “Buying a new car will make you feel better” another salesperson said to me. I bought the car and did feel better.

Eventually the car needed maintenance. Then the cycle repeated. I still owed money on the car. I looked at my elbow and the clothes were getting frayed.

  • One time I thought things would make me feel good.
  • One time I followed the philosophy of getting more things.
  • One time I felt great when I had things and miserable when I did not.

Judas, the believer, asked JESUS “How will you manifest YOURSELF to us and not to the world?” JESUS explains that if a person loves HIM, they would keep HIS Word. By keeping HIS Word, the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT would get excited enough to live inside of the person.
  • JESUS made me similar to an empty vessel.
  • JESUS wants to fill me up with HIS Word.
  • JESUS desires that I open my heart to HIS guidance.


Keeping GOD’s Word is impossible for the world to do. With the emphasis on self and money and power, the world cannot listen to “Love one another.” GOD is not a philosophy, HE is GOD. HIS power, grace and love is beyond any human religion or attitude.

JESUS knows I will fill myself up with something. Will I fill myself up with HIS love and be hated by the world? Yes! Those who are blind will hate HIS love and complain about how HE guides me. I accept GOD’s guidance and will honor HIS home inside me.

  • What philosophy are you filling yourself up with?
  • Are you seeking GOD’s kingdom daily?
  • Will you stop listening to the world for a moment and listen to GOD so HE will guide you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment