Friday, November 1, 2019

Available


John 13: 18 “I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.’ 19 Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe that I am He. 20 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”

============

Working extra hours paid off. I was promoted and given more responsibility. “Do you want to help us serve the homeless?” was a question I could easily answer with the words “No time.” I had too much on my plate. After a while the plate got bigger and bigger. Soon, I missed going to places that asked those that type of question.

  • I had made the mistake of filling up all my time.
  • I had exchanged my purpose for a lesser prize.
  • I had forgotten to add boundaries to my pursuits that included serving GOD.


One person would put his pursuits over GOD during the meal. Judas sought financial gain and was blinded by wealth instead of seeing the prize that was right in front of him. JESUS saw through HIS deception of trying to “be good.”

  • JESUS wants to send me to seek those who have lost their way to HIM.
  • JESUS wants to send people to me when I lose my way.
  • JESUS wants me to be available.


Being available means I am willing to serve someone for JESUS sake, at a moment’s notice. This makes me rethink who I am willing to argue with or have combative language towards. JESUS wants my heart open so HE can clean it up and use it for HIS purpose. HE wants real servants, not fake. I receive being sent by JESUS and I look forward to those HE sends to me.

  • Are you sitting in church but not believing that JESUS can solve your problems?
  • Do you put your own pursuits over serving others strictly for GOD’s purposes?
  • Will you make yourself available for GOD so HE can send you to speak about HIS SON today?

No comments:

Post a Comment