Thursday, November 7, 2019

More than information

More than information
John 13: 31 So, when he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him. 32 If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately. 33 Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you. 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
============
“Please give us your bio” said an organization to me. Since there was a word limit, I could only put down the information that pertained to the inquiring group. After I spoke to the group, a person approached me. “Oh, you are the person who does… (blank)” She remembered a few items I had written in my bio, but I was so much more than what was written.
  • I have been labeled by lazy people.
  • I have been boiled down to a few actions from the labels people give me.
  • I have been shoved in a corner by the labels people give me.
JESUS begins giving HIS disciples HIS final commands. HE speaks about “the being” who is GOD. HE explains that the FATHER has raised HIM up to the Most High, because the FATHER is the Most High with the HOLY SPIRIT, who is also the Most High.
Since they are the highest and have shown love, we should do the same. But is showing love simply going to a building and listening to information?
  • GOD wants me to experience HIM every day.
  • GOD wants me to “be” HIS example by showing love to those HE sends to me or I am sent to.
  • GOD wants me to know HE is far more than what is written down or spoken by humans.
“Love one another as I have loved you” means more than listening to someone talk about GOD. It means I believe the consequences of pride caused the fall of humans. This fall could only be cured by belief in JESUS dying for me.
I now have sided with the one who wants all humans back, even those with stubborn hearts. Only love can penetrate the stony heart. I am glad GOD loves me .
  • Have you labeled GOD as something to try every once in a while?
  • Do you see HIM as a being, who can only do a few magic tricks, as written in a bio named the Bible?
  • Will you experience GOD’s power, by loving HIM enough, to love those who hate you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment