Friday, November 22, 2019

Alive


John 15: “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

============

Driving around the city, instead of riding the bus, made me feel alive. I was free to leave at any time instead of being stuck on a schedule. After a while though, I did not feel as alive. I barely had enough money to pay for gas. Some liquid always needed replenishing. To top it off… it would not start sometimes and I would be late. When the car died, so did I, or at least I felt that way.

  • Moments of my life made me feel alive.
  • Moments of my life made me feel like nothing could stop me.
  • Moments of my life made me feel free to do anything I wanted.


JESUS says “I AM the true vine.” The vine is something that is alive and can bear fruit. Since JESUS “is” the true vine, all of HIS messages enable me to bear fruit. But what about my desires to be free to do anything I want? JESUS has a solution.

  • JESUS wants me to believe in HIS word so I will be free indeed.
  • JESUS wants me to live for HIS purpose so I will not be chained to temporary things that die.
  • JESUS wants me to put all things in HIM so I can truly be alive.


Desire to live can make me die. I mean if I examine my life based upon what the world says “alive” should be, I would be sad, exhausted and unwanted. Utopia cannot be achieved by human standards. BUT GOD enables me to truly be alive.

HE gives me purpose, drive, determination and love that never fails. HE and HE alone is the truth in which I can place my trust. Human kingdoms come and go, BUT GOD’s kingdom will last forever! I am alive eternally because of JESUS.

  • Are you dead or alive?
  • Do you feel you are living a life of purpose?
  • Will you turn to JESUS so HE can guide you to bear fruit, even through troubles, today?


No comments:

Post a Comment