Friday, January 17, 2020

Taking Responsibility


John 19: Then Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. And Pilate said to them, “Behold the Man!”

Therefore, when the chief priests and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, “Crucify Him, crucify Him!

Pilate said to them, “You take Him and crucify Him, for I find no fault in Him.”

============

“This person is making life miserable” I thought to myself. I noticed others felt the same, so we collected in corners to discuss just how mean and nasty this person could be. When I was summoned in the office of this person’s superior, I wondered if I was in trouble. “Has this person cause you any problem?” I was too scared to speak up so I replied, “What do you mean?”

  • In this case I did not want to speak up.
  • In this case I did not want to be the one responsible for someone else’s demise.
  • In this case I did not want to take responsibility and says what was going on.


Pilate and the soldiers dressed JESUS, mocking HIM as king. The church leaders and other soldiers cried out “Crucify HIM, crucify HIM!” Pilate, wanting no responsibility, said a third time “I find no fault in HIM.” No one wanted to take responsibility for killing JESUS, but they definitely wanted HIM killed.

  • JESUS knows my heart, even when I do not take responsibility for my sins.
  • JESUS wants me to join HIM and be responsible for speaking life into others.
  • GOD understands when I get nervous about speaking about HIM, but gives me the right words to speak about salvation through HIS SON.


Destruction or salvation are my two choices every day. I can speak for GOD or counter GOD’s ways. Speaking for GOD only comes “from” GOD and cannot be understood by those who mimic speaking about GOD. Only true belief in JESUS will bring fruit.

But what if I say nothing about JESUS? Never saying “JESUS is my Savior, and HE can save you and anyone who believes” is destructive. People watch other people and if the person is ashamed of speaking about JESUS passionately, they become destructive. I get nervous, BUT GOD helps me speak life through JESUS.

  • Are you bold about other messages and timid about speaking salvation through JESUS?
  • Do you complain in the corner about someone rather than praying for them to be saved?
  • Will you accept responsibility for those around you and ask GOD to clean your heart and theirs so all will bow to JESUS today?


No comments:

Post a Comment