Friday, April 24, 2020

Concerned about the Circumstance


Acts 7: 54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; 58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

============

With only one block to go, I felt relief as I neared my neighborhood. I had taken an exploratory route and wound up in a neighborhood known for its thugs. Driving through the intersection, someone hit my car. When I got out, the person, knowing they were I the wrong, wanted to fight. Neighbors who knew me came out to see if everything was alright.

  • There have been times when people helped me when I was in need.
  • There have been times when people protected me when I was threatened.
  • There have been times when people showed their concern over my safety.


Stephen was not scared of his safety when he accused the church leaders, who murdered JESUS, of rejecting the HOLY SPIRIT. When he looked up, he saw JESUS standing next to GOD rather than sitting.

JESUS was concerned about the situation and showed Stephen HIS glory. HE did not stop the evil actions of HIS murderers towards Stephen. More blood was added to their hands.

  • GOD wants me to understand there is a spiritual battle.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has already won the battle.
  • GOD wants me to trust that HE is concerned with every situation I may face, even when it seems like evil is winning.


JESUS won. This is a past tense statement. HE has overcome the world. But we are still in the world waiting for the victory to be revealed someday. Our life on earth is short compared to eternity.

GOD knows there will be some who hate me just because I love HIM. HE also knows there will be some who purposefully try to harm me because of HIM. HE fills me with HIS SPIRIT because HE is concerned about me. I am grateful to serve the living GOD who cares about me.

  • Are you facing a difficult situation that someone else caused?
  • Is your faith being tested because of your trust in JESUS?
  • Will you stand firm and pray for your enemies that they may also be saved even though they are persecuting you?


No comments:

Post a Comment