Friday, April 17, 2020

Downplayed


Acts 7: 35 “This Moses whom they rejected, saying, ‘Who made you a ruler and a judge?’ is the one God sent to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the Angel who appeared to him in the bush. 36 He brought them out, after he had shown wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red Sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

============

“Who made you the boss?” was the thought I had of a peer telling me what to do. Ignoring the request, I continued doing what I was doing. Later I was called into my boss’s office. In a few days it will be announced that you will be reporting to “that” person. I did not realize “that” person was now in charge.

  • I have downplayed someone’s directives over me.
  • I have downplayed someone’s title over me.
  • I have downplayed someone’s authority over me.


Stephen continues explaining how Moses tried to lead the people when he was younger, but the people rejected him as a leader. Later in life, Moses did in fact, lead the people out of Egypt by GOD’s hand. GOD had appointed Moses.

  • GOD wants me to know HE has given me purpose.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has given me a message.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has given me and many other people the message about HIS SON.


Downplaying a person sent by GOD is like ignoring HIM when HE is talking. Unfortunately, there needs to be discernment because there are some who mention GOD but do not believe in HIM.

GOD desires that I believe in HIM with all my heart and carry HIS message of salvation through HIS SON, JESUS who is the CHRIST. I am grateful HE does not brush me off because I am a sinner, rather HE gives me purpose.

  • Do you feel people are not listening to the message GOD has given you?
  • Do you feel ignored when you speak about JESUS?
  • Will you continue to be firm in your faith in GOD and know HIS word does not return void to HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment