Thursday, April 9, 2020

Slander Reaction


Acts 6: And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. Then there arose some from what is called the Synagogue of the Freedmen (Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and those from Cilicia and Asia), disputing with Stephen. 10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke. 11 Then they secretly induced men to say, “We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God.” 12 And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; and they came upon him, seized him, and brought him to the council. 13 They also set up false witnesses who said, “This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the law; 14 for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us.” 15 And all who sat in the council, looking steadfastly at him, saw his face as the face of an angel.

============

Part of the fight of being a leader was protecting my reputation. For years, I made sure my decisions were not only sound, but heard. Things were going well, until I wanted to be “me” instead of who they wanted me to be.

I could no longer hide my faith just to get ahead. The slanderers made up their weird stories, but this time I did not care if those in charge wanted to believe lies.

  • There came a time when I got tired of protecting what people thought of me.
  • There came a time when I just wanted to be me instead of who everyone wanted me to be.
  • There came a time when I realized I was not living by faith rather I was doing what was expected of me.


Stephen was doing great things for GOD. That’s what he was made for. Some jealous church leaders tried to fight his wisdom but found they could not beat him on that front. So they made up lies about him to capture him. Stephen’s reaction was simply to sit, peacefully.

  • GOD wants me to know vengeance is HIS.
  • GOD wants me to understand that I will be persecuted because of my relationship with JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to expect a fight because of my service to the LORD.


Yelling at me, lying on me and hating me are actions I should expect from those who do not believe. It does not feel good. BUT GOD wants me to react different to the outbursts and slander. HE wants me to understand that HE is in control and humans are not.

HE knows the heart and is willing to clean it if I confess. HE also knows the hearts of those who try to harm me because of my service to HIM. HE protects the relationship I have with HIM. Humans my hurt my reputation or sometimes, my body. BUT GOD holds me everlasting. I am grateful GOD hold my reputation.

  • Are you being lied about?
  • Do you have someone talking negatively about you behind your back?
  • Will you let what they are doing go so GOD will handle them in HIS time without you seeing HIS punishment on them?


No comments:

Post a Comment