Thursday, April 2, 2020

Confidence Builder


Acts 5: 22 But when the officers came and did not find them in the prison, they returned and reported, 23 saying, “Indeed we found the prison shut securely, and the guards standing outside before the doors; but when we opened them, we found no one inside!” 24 Now when the high priest, the captain of the temple, and the chief priests heard these things, they wondered what the outcome would be. 25 So one came and told them, saying, “Look, the men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple and teaching the people!”

============

“Here is your gold star” the teacher said. “You have reached the next reading level, so you can now go to the highest level” she added. I wasn’t nervous about it at all. Well, not anymore. When I first started the reading program, it seemed like the highest level was a mountain away. But after practicing a lot, it did not seem as hard.

  • At one point I did not have confidence in many things.
  • At one point I saw obstacles as impossible things to get over.
  • At one point I thought it would take forever to get to a higher level.


When the officers came to retrieve the disciples from prison, they found a locked cell with guards, but no one inside. The apostles were freed by an angel and were speaking boldly about GOD. More than likely they mentioned the angel freeing them from prison in detail. They had confidence in what they were saying and were at a whole new level.

  • GOD wants me to notice HIS power every day.
  • GOD wants me to increase my trust in HIM when I see what HE is doing.
  • GOD wants me to be confident in HIS promises so my faith will grow into perseverance.


Confidence in GOD builds each time HE delivers me from trials and tribulation. HE is never alarmed by anything I go through and tells me “Do not be afraid”, not as a scold, but in a calming way. HE tells me over and over, “I got this.”

When I release the situation over to HIM and see how HE resolves things, I get more and more confident in HIM. I want to tell everyone about HIS saving grace and incredible power. GOD is amazing and I am excited about what HE has done in my life.

  • Are you praying for something and it does not seem like GOD is listening?
  • Are you losing your confidence in GOD and are looking for other ways to solve the problem?
  • Will you place your trust in GOD by looking back at all the times HE has brought you through situations?


No comments:

Post a Comment