Monday, April 20, 2020

Noisy


Acts 7: 37 “This is that Moses who said to the children of Israel, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear.’

============

Singing a jingle over and over, I almost persuaded someone to purchase the candy I was speaking about. “Want some?” they said. “No way!” I replied. I just like the song and it was stuck in my head.

  • Sometimes marketing can be noisy to me.
  • Sometimes marketing can make me hear a message I do not care for.
  • Sometimes marketing can get to my ears, but not my heart.


Stephen explains what Moses said to the children of Israel. He spoke about JESUS being the prophet that people would “hear.” But how can I hear?

  • GOD says to me “Believe in the LORD JESUS and you will be saved along with everyone in your household.”
  • GOD says to me “Hear the word of the LORD.”
  • GOD says to me “Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go.”


Hearts can be very deceptive when it comes to listening. If I let my heart listen to fear, I will be filled with it. Same goes with hatred, lust, greed, impatience, abuse, disobedience, unfaithfulness, pleasure or lack of discipline.

When I listen to these, I am listening to the opposite of the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, kindness, faithfulness and self-control. GOD wants me to have a generous helping of the fruit of the Spirit so I can hear HIS still, quiet voice. HE breaks through the noise when I bear fruit. I am grateful HE speaks softly to me each day.

  • What are you listening to?
  • What are you filled with?
  • Will you stop listening to the noise that is causing you to act opposite of what GOD wants you to and allow HIM to fill you with HIS fruit today?


No comments:

Post a Comment