Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Not Me

Not Me
Acts 8: But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, 10 to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.” 11 And they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time. 12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. 13 Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done.

============

“Who broke this?” was the question angrily asked to me. “Not me” I answered quickly, trying to protect myself. “Who left the window open while it was raining?” “Not me” was my go to answer that I had become good at saying. “Who cleaned up?” was asked in a delighted tone. “Me!” I said proudly as I beckoned for the credit.

  • There were times when I wanted to be noticed for good thing “I” did.
  • There were times when I did not want to accept responsibility for things others considered bad.
  • There were times when I enjoyed the spotlight when things were going well.


Simon was a sorcerer who was able to do things people could not explain away with science. The people of Samaria held him in great esteem, as did he. But when Philip arrived and spoke about JESUS, they turned to belief in the Savior. Even Simon had to believe.

  • GOD wants me to point my life to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to give GOD all the credit.
  • GOD wants me to claim that HE is the only one who is great.


“Not me” are great words to use when it comes to GOD. “Who saved me?” “Not me” will be the answer, because JESUS did that. “Who gave me gifts and talents?” “Not me” is the answer again, for all my abilities come from HIM.

GOD gave me everything I have and placed me in places I am amazed at. HE is my provider, protector and pursuer. I am grateful HE goes after me when I run away from HIM.




  • Are you trying to get likes and congratulations from people?
  • Do you seek public affirmation for what “you” do?
  • Will you start giving GOD credit for your gifts and talents so people will believe in JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment