Thursday, April 30, 2020

Head Knowledge


Head Knowledge
Acts 8: 14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

============

“Why do I have to know this?” I asked myself. I mean, I will never use this information. I sat in class and daydreamed, thinking of things I could be doing. I looked forward to my next class that was in my major and was only minutes away. I stopped listening and opened a book for the next class.

  • There were times when I learned the information only to take the test.
  • There were times when I understood the concepts but did not care about the information.
  • There were times when I heard the information but did not take it to heart.


Philip preached about JESUS and many people understood and took action by being baptized. It was the right thing to do. But Peter and John were sent to pray for those who had this fresh knowledge. Many people accepted the HOLY SPIRIT in their hearts after the prayer and laying of hands.

  • GOD wants me to plant seeds in the hearts of many.
  • GOD wants me to know that someone else may water the seeds.
  • GOD wants me to know that even someone else may see the increase of the seeds I planted in their heart.


Preaching about the great news of how JESUS saves  can sometimes be a group effort. Something I say can help a person stop rejecting JESUS, but this may only be temporary. Someone else may come along and say just the right thing to make it permanent.

When it comes to free will, we all have a choice to accept the HOLY SPIRIT or reject HIM. My life’s purpose is to help people accept HIM by believing they need to be saved by JESUS who died for us all and is alive because HE was raised from the dead. I have this belief in my heart.

  • What do you know about JESUS and are rejecting?
  • Are you trying to be GOD by thinking of your own concepts of what GOD is?
  • Will you obtain “heart knowledge” by believing in JESUS as your Savior so you can receive the HOLY SPIRIT today, gaining everlasting life?

No comments:

Post a Comment