Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Problem Purpose


Acts 8: Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word. Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them. And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed; and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed. And there was great joy in that city.

============

Running as fast as my out of shape body could go, I got to the gate too late. I missed the flight and was a bit frustrated. Fortunately, there was another flight so I asked to be placed on the list and got accepted. Parallel to this, my friends at home and I were going through a book, trying to grow in GOD. I read this on the flight.

The person next to me, on the rebooked flight, asked me about the book. We talked about GOD the whole flight and I was able to pray for her husband and son. I then told her about my quiet time with the LORD. She was retiring in another country and asked for the blog address. It is read quite heavily in that country to this day.

  • Some problems I have faced have actually been a blessing.
  • Some situations I have faced turned out to be exactly what I needed.
  • Some trials I have faced happen for a great reason.


Because the people could not meet together, they spoke about JESUS where they were scattered to. Philip spoke so boldly in Samaria that many believed, were healed and unclean spirits fled. The city had great joy!

  • GOD scatters me when I am complacent.
  • GOD moves me when I am very comfortable.
  • GOD send me when I am not expecting it.


“Be ready” is the term GOD wants me to carry. HE may send me out to speak about HIM, HIS SON and the HOLY SPIRIT at any moment. The responsibility is not on a church leader, rather it is on me. GOD wants me to preach HIS great news, especially during times of problems. I am grateful HE sends me during trials.

  • Are you going through a large trial?
  • Do you ask “Why is this happening?”
  • Will you accept where you are and allow GOD to speak through you so you can be used to bless someone with encouraging words today?

No comments:

Post a Comment