Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Tiny Living Space


Acts 7: 44 “Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as He appointed, instructing Moses to make it according to the pattern that he had seen, 45 which our fathers, having received it in turn, also brought with Joshua into the land possessed by the Gentiles, whom God drove out before the face of our fathers until the days of David, 46 who found favor before God and asked to find a dwelling for the God of Jacob. 47 But Solomon built Him a house.

48 “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:

49 ‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?

50 Has My hand not made all these things?’

============

Moving out of the bunk bed room into the dorm seemed incredible. I mean there was so much space! Two beds and two desks could fit into the room comfortably. And I had my own closet. Years later I returned to the dorm room and thought “How did I ever fit in that tiny room?”

There were some places I lived in that seemed small.
There have been some places I lived in that only a few people could fit.
There were some places I lived in that could only fit me and my stuff.

Stephen continues explaining the Israelite history. He talked about the tents in the wilderness and then spoke of David’s desire to build a house for GOD since GOD had done so much for him. But Solomon was the one who build a temple for GOD, even though GOD could not be confined only to a place made by humans.

JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live in my heart when I believed in the need for salvation.
JESUS placed the COMFORTER in my heart to help me through difficult times.
JESUS offered the SPIRIT of counsel, truth and wisdom to help me make decisions.

Accepting JESUS as my Savior enabled GOD to live inside of me through the HOLY SPIRIT. HE dwells in me and I in HIM. But when my heart is small and I think only of myself, the living space is really cramped for the HOLY SPIRIT.

GOD wants to stretch HIS living space by having me think of others. Serving others for the sake of GOD stretches my heart, making it bigger and bigger. Soon, many people can fit inside so I can pray for them, even when they wrong me. I am grateful GOD chose to live in me and hope I can give HIM more living space each day.

Do you think about yourself or your entertainment or your health a lot?
Are you concerned about you and a few other people?
Will you allow GOD to stretch your heart so you will desire more people to have a saving relationship with JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment