Monday, April 6, 2020

Someone Else


Acts 5: 33 When they heard this, they were furious and plotted to kill them. 34 Then one in the council stood up, a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in respect by all the people, and commanded them to put the apostles outside for a little while. 35 And he said to them: “Men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what you intend to do regarding these men. 36 For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody. A number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was slain, and all who obeyed him were scattered and came to nothing. 37 After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census, and drew away many people after him. He also perished, and all who obeyed him were dispersed. 38 And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; 39 but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found to fight against God.”

============

After attending the church service, I was highly disappointed. I mean the preacher focused on money as expected and cared less about people, so I went to another church. After that service, I was disappointed. I mean the songs were boring and it seemed so dead, so I went to another church. This time, the pastor preached a great message, but the same woman shouted every week and the service was kind of long.

  • Many times I judged based on unknown criteria.
  • Many times I expected groups of people to behave in a certain way.
  • Many times I have been disappointed with the actions of others because I thought they should be acting better than “I” was acting.


A church leader warns the others not to kill the apostles. He gave sage advice to let them go, warning everyone that if the apostles were following GOD, then they would be picking a fight against GOD that cannot be won.

  • GOD wants me to look at how I am serving HIM.
  • GOD wants me to look only at HIM and not others.
  • GOD wants me to surrender my life to HIM so I can see HIM in more places.


Looking at “someone else” causes problems. When I look at what someone else is doing, I do not have all of the information. I do not have their journey, heartaches, pain and perseverance to get them to where they are. I also do not have the message GOD gave that person in their quiet moments.

I do have my own. I can have a great relationship with the Living GOD, knowing that I have been through a lot that others may never see. The pain, temptations, failures and disappointments I face are healed by GOD daily. I am glad I do not need to look at someone else because I can look to JESUS who sees something good inside of me.

  • Are you looking at someone and are disappointed with their walk with GOD?
  • Do you feel your walk with GOD is better than someone else?
  • Will you stop judging and help people grow by sharing your struggles today so they can have their own relationship with GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment