Monday, April 27, 2020

Isolated


Acts 8: Now Saul was consenting to his death.

At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.

============

After years of being the one who people sought after, I felt isolated in the new town. I did not know anyone other than my coworkers. And besides, who would go out to the not cool bars they had in this unheard of town. What was I going to do for “fun” now?

  • There were times when I dreaded being alone.
  • There were times when I felt isolated from “my” people.
  • There were times when I was not able to be part of a social group and I did not enjoy it.


Saul consented the death of Stephen. Even more so, he started a great persecution of those who believed in JESUS as their Savior. Though people were scattered, he sent people to their homes, dragging them to prison.

  • GOD sees me when I am separated from people.
  • GOD knows I want to be around people but has a reason for separating me from the same old routine.
  • GOD has a plan for me and is preparing me when HE separates me.


Isolation could be dreaded or embraced. I chose to embrace it. I wanted to clear up the misconceptions I had about this “GOD” being. I had to been to a lot of churches that spoke mostly about their brand and not about JESUS. Where to start?

GOD was gracious enough to have me read the book of John. When I saw in the first chapter that JESUS was GOD, I was shocked. It made me want to read this “bible” thing for myself. The isolation became welcome as it was a quiet place to learn about JESUS as part of the triune GOD. I am glad I went through the time of separation.

  • Do you seek a crowd?
  • Are you hungry for your social gathering?
  • Will you embrace times when GOD separates you so you can quiet down and listen to HIM, while HE grows you?

No comments:

Post a Comment