Thursday, April 23, 2020

Resistance is Futile


Acts 7: 51 You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. 52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, 53 who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it.

============

After a hearing all the stories about how great sex was, I wanted to try it. I mean everyone else was doing it. But something inside me was telling me to wait until I was married. “I can’t wait that long” I thought to myself. From what I saw, it didn’t seem to be a big deal even amongst church leaders. I knew something was wrong and did it anyway.

  • There were many times when I knew something was wrong but I did it anyway.
  • There were many times when I justified my actions by looking at what “everyone” else was doing.
  • There were many times when I plead ignorance by not learning about what was right or wrong, yet I knew the difference in my heart.


Stephen finally concludes his message to the church leaders who murdered JESUS. He told them they “always resist the HOLY SPIRIT” as did their ancestors. They knew right from wrong even when they were not told, yet they did what they did anyway.

  • GOD wants me to surrender to the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to give up my life to the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to listen wholeheartedly to the HOLY SPIRIT.


Decision making can be hard, especially when people around me are making bad decisions, wanting me to join in. BUT GOD wants me to stand firm for HIM. HE placed HIS law in my heart when HE created me, so I have no excuse.

GOD made me in a way that is curious and seeking. Unfortunately I can listen to the lust of my flesh or the lust of my eyes or the pride of life to fulfill that curiosity. Soon I find myself in trouble, asking GOD for help out of the trouble I got myself into. BUT GOD is gracious. I am glad HE forgives me and guides me with the HOLY SPIRIT, because HE loves me.

  • Are you ignoring the HOLY SPIRIT by trying to listen to your own pride?
  • Do you argue over something without checking to see what GOD says about it?
  • Will you surrender your thinking and check with GOD about more and more of your decisions each day?


No comments:

Post a Comment