Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Delightful Detour


Acts 7: 17 “But when the time of the promise drew near which God had sworn to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt 18 till another king arose who did not know Joseph. 19 This man dealt treacherously with our people, and oppressed our forefathers, making them expose their babies, so that they might not live. 20 At this time Moses was born, and was well pleasing to God; and he was brought up in his father’s house for three months. 21 But when he was set out, Pharaoh’s daughter took him away and brought him up as her own son. 22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and deeds.

============

Although the road was crowded with stopped cars, I was in the vacation mindset, so it did not matter. I exited to find a place to sleep on the longer route and ran into an oasis of a town with plenty of food I liked and a good place to rest for the night. I never would have picked that town to stay in but it was probably the best rest I had on the trip.

  • There have been times when I complained about detours.
  • There have been times when I thought alternate routes were a problem.
  • There have been times when I was convinced that the faster route was the best route.


Stephen explains that Moses was born during a time of deep paranoia. A decree was sent out to have all Hebrew newborn males killed in an effort to control the size of the population and keep the people slaves. BUT GOD put a detour in Moses life. He was kept alive and learned the Egyptian ways.

  • GOD has some delightful detours for me as part of HIS plan.
  • GOD prepares me to go out and serve HIM.
  • GOD sees the rewards HE has for me because HE was the one who prepared me to serve HIM.


Some detours, even painful ones, turn out to be delightful. When I look back at some of the situations I was furious over, I can see how GOD used a detour to “my” plans so I could be guided in the right direction and learn what HE wanted to teach me.

GOD intervenes. HE does step in and mess things up so I can see what HE truly wants me to do. Even the difficult situations placed in front of me have meaning. I am grateful GOD guides me in places I never would have chosen.

  • Are you upset at the current situation?
  • Were you moving fast and now GOD has you somewhere else?
  • Will you accept GOD’s detour in your life and know HE is preparing you for something bigger than you?


No comments:

Post a Comment