Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Job or Faith

 

Job or Faith

Romans 4: What shall we say, then, of Abraham, the father of our race? What was his experience? If he was put right with God by the things he did, he would have something to boast about—but not in God's sight. The scripture says, “Abraham believed God, and because of his faith God accepted him as righteous.” A person who works is paid wages, but they are not regarded as a gift; they are something that has been earned. But those who depend on faith, not on deeds, and who believe in the God who declares the guilty to be innocent, it is this faith that God takes into account in order to put them right with himself. 

 

============

 

My schedule was from Sunday night to Thursday night. Some parts of the job were peaceful, others were a bit stressful. Like the time I had to clean “stuff” smeared on the walls toilet and floor. It put me behind schedule but I did it. When Thursday came, I could not enjoy the weekend because Sunday night was on its way.

 

  • I have had many jobs in my life.
  • I have showed up for each of those jobs, on time and ready to work.
  • I have worked hard on each of those jobs and I was paid for it.

 

Paul gives an example that is widely known amongst Jews and Gentiles. Abraham was declared righteous by GOD because of his faith in GOD. Paul then explains that a person who is paid for work is doing it for the wages. But a person who depends on faith is doing it for GOD and HE will add this to the account HE keeps.

 

  • GOD sees every act of faith I do.
  • GOD knows when I am being faithful to HIM.
  • GOD loves when I chose faith over doing stuff.

 

Acts of faith need no payment. I mean, when I am truly showing faith to GOD, HE knows when I have sacrificed to do something strictly for HIM and not for my well-being. But what about pastors, missionaries, priests and clergy’s? Aren’t they paid? Yes, some are supported by faithful people who use faith to give to those who have dedicated themselves to speaking about GOD.

 

Unfortunately, there are some who speak GOD and who do not believe in HIM. That is not for me to decide, BUT GOD knows. Getting back to faith. It can be shown in more than monetary giving. Faith is believing that JESUS died and rose for me. It also means telling people about this gift. I am grateful GOD enables me to show faith in HIM daily.

 

  • What are you faithfully doing for GOD?
  • How is GOD stretching you to grow for HIS purposes?
  • Will you use more faith today and believe in GOD’s promise HE told you?

No comments:

Post a Comment