Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Irrational


Romans 3: But what if our doing wrong serves to show up more clearly God's doing right? Can we say that God does wrong when he punishes us? (This would be the natural question to ask.) By no means! If God is not just, how can he judge the world?

 

But what if my untruth serves God's glory by making his truth stand out more clearly? Why should I still be condemned as a sinner? Why not say, then, “Let us do evil so that good may come”? Some people, indeed, have insulted me by accusing me of saying this very thing! They will be condemned, as they should be.

 

============

 

After sitting on my trunk for 15 minutes, a couple picked me up. It was dark and my car had broke down. Why did they pick me up? I thought to myself. I mean, they were a different race than me and in that state, it was rare to see racial line being crossed. “Do you know JESUS?” was their question to me as we pulled into the rest area where they dropped me off. “Yes” I answered.

 

  • Many people have irrationally served me.
  • Many people have shown me love and I did not ask for it.
  • Many people have blessed me and I could not find a reason why they did it.

 

Paul explains faulty logic. He shows how people try to rationalize GOD away by asking “what if” questions. These questions try to prove GOD is not who HE is or even exists. Paul makes it plain that those who continue down that path will be condemned.

 

  • GOD wants me to admit my sin to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that I need HIM for forgiveness and protection.
  • GOD wants me to know HE is concerned about this life and the afterlife.

 

Justifying evil seems logical. I mean, when I use the term “everyone else is doing it”, I am trying to join the crowd, who obviously is right. It wouldn’t be a crowd if it were wrong, right? Wrong. None of us choose GOD. Fortunately HE chose us.

 

When JESUS died for my sins, HE made a way for me to be forgiven. It was irrational for HIM to see that I would not choose HIM, yet HE died for me anyway. HE sees me blaming HIM, yet HE loves me. I am thankful JESUS chose love over human logic.

 

  • Are you avoiding learning about GOD so you can continue doing what you want to do?
  • Have you rationalized GOD out of your life and believe in humans who do not believe in HIM?
  • Will you add faith and belief to your thinking and allow JESUS to irrationally guide you to an abundant life of purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment