Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Another Path

 

Another Path

Romans 2: For God will reward each of us according to what we have done. Some people keep on doing good, and seek glory, honor, and immortal life; to them God will give eternal life. Other people are selfish and reject what is right, in order to follow what is wrong; on them God will pour out his anger and fury. There will be suffering and pain for all those who do what is evil, for the Jews first and also for the Gentiles. 10 But God will give glory, honor, and peace to all who do what is good, to the Jews first and also to the Gentiles. 11 For God judges everyone by the same standard.

 

============

 

Lying, cheating and stealing wasn’t working. I was still in debt with a broken car, broken relationships and to top it off, I was cleaning toilets for people who seemed to care less about actually having the “waste” go “in” the commode. “There has got to be a better way!” I exclaimed.

 

  • There were times when I felt like giving up.
  • There were times when I felt that I was even bad at doing wrong.
  • There were times when I felt I was on the wrong path, but did not know how to get on a good one.

 

Paul writes about GOD’s two rewards. One will be welcome, the other despised. He then writes about the way to get the rewards. Some people who are already doing what is right in GOD’s eyes, will get the reward that is welcome. Those who reject what GOD says is right will receive the reward that is punishment.

 

  • GOD wants me to do what is good according to HIS way.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS glory and honor every day.
  • GOD wants me to pursue immortal life based on the belief that JESUS died for my sins.

 

Good versus evil is usually a topic that is scoffed at. I mean some of the nicest people could end up being eternally tormented, simply because they reject JESUS being the Savior who died for mankind and was raised from the dead.

 

On the other hand a sinner like me, who believes in JESUS, will be saved and rewarded, simply by believing. GOD gives me another path that is not so glamorous. It is a path to serve people without being known. I am glad GOD is excited about placing me on HIS path.

 

  • Are you on the wrong path and do not know how to get on the right one?
  • Is your heart so hard that you cannot surrender your life to GOD, so you stubbornly seek your own path?
  • Will you let go of your path and allow GOD to heal you so you can be used for HIS great and marvelous purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment