Friday, January 22, 2021

Loved Before or After

 

Loved Before or After

Romans 4: Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham’s faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! 11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. 12 And he is then also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also follow in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

 

============

 

After being ridiculed about my hair, glasses clothes and body shape, I wondered what was left to love. There were other groups who did not like my skin color either. I felt quite alone. “JESUS loves you” someone said. “How?” I wondered. No one else seems to love me. I thought.

 

  • There were times when I wondered if I could be loved.
  • There were times when I felt like an outcast.
  • There were times when I believed the ugly labels some people placed on me.

 

Paul explains circumcision to a group of people who felt privileged for doing so. He explains what David wrote in a Psalm regarding people being blessed because their sin is not counted against them and are forgiven. This forgiveness was for everyone, Paul explains. He was trying to break their habit of trying to exclude people.

 

  • GOD wants me to welcome anyone HE sends to me or sends me to.
  • GOD wants me to show love to my neighbor regardless of how they look or act.
  • GOD wants me to tell people HE loves them, no matter what sin they have done.

 

GOD’s love is not prejudiced. HE loves those who hate other people and who hate HIM. HE loved the world so much that HE died for it. JESUS, being GOD, saw all the sins I would commit and died for me anyway. HE loved me before I loved HIM. I did not have to change for JESUS to love me. HE changed me after I knew HIM.

 

  • Are you around people yet feel alone?
  • Do you feel like an outcast?
  • Will you believe that GOD made you and loved how HE made you and is so pleased with you that HE, through JESUS, died for you and was raised from the dead for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment