Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Comes with a Guarantee

 

Comes with a Guarantee

Romans 4: 16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.

 

============

 

Disappointed with the product I was using. I complained. But I looked on the container and saw a guarantee. I could return the product, no questions asked. I did return it and purchased a cheaper brand. This one did not have a guarantee. I used that product and it was much worse, only this time I could not return it. I underestimated the product with the guarantee.

 

  • There have been times when I did not believe in guarantees.
  • There have been times when I went after a substitute versus using the real thing.
  • There have been times when I wondered how could something be guaranteed unless they knew the future.

 

Paul keeps going with his explanation of Abraham because many Jews tried to boast about heritage. Paul keeps trying to explain that it was not just Abraham’s faith that GOD would fulfill HIS promise to make him father of many nations, it was GOD’s faith.

 

  • When GOD tells me a promise, HE has already seen the outcome.
  • When GOD promises something to me HE has already seen the difficulties and cleared the path.
  • When GOD says HE will do something great in my life, HE means it.

 

GOD does not say anything HE cannot do. HIS power is unstoppable. When HE says “I will be with you always”, my response should be “Thank YOU!” Unfortunately, I say, “Where are YOU LORD?” in times of trouble. GOD is not disappointed with me during these times of doubt.

 

HE knew I would not believe in HIM fully and try to make things happen under my own power. HE gently lets my plans fail and picks me up anyway. HIS promise to me is guaranteed and HE took no chance of letting me fail. HE saved me when I was not looking for HIM. I am glad HE guarantees HIS love for me.

 

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Do you feel GOD can leave you when you sin and return when you don’t?
  • Will you put your full trust in the LORD and allow HIM to grow you so more faith can be added to you daily?

No comments:

Post a Comment