Friday, January 15, 2021

Valuing Free

 

Valuing Free

Romans 3: 21 But now God's way of putting people right with himself has been revealed. It has nothing to do with law, even though the Law of Moses and the prophets gave their witness to it. 22 God puts people right through their faith in Jesus Christ. God does this to all who believe in Christ, because there is no difference at all: 23 everyone has sinned and is far away from God's saving presence. 24 But by the free gift of God's grace all are put right with him through Christ Jesus, who sets them free.

 

============

 

“I made this for you” she said as she handed me the hand knit sweater. “Thank you!” I said The sleeveless vest had colors of maroon, yellow and white. I decided to take my school picture in it. I put on my old gold shirt with rust sleeves and smiled greatly. I wore the sweater with blue dotted shirts, green plaid shirts, it never made a difference. It never matched anything but I wore it daily.

 

  • There have been many gifts given to me.
  • There have been many things I have had that I have valued.
  • There have been many valued things I have shared with other people.

 

Paul explains how GOD put people right with HIM. What GOD revealed through the Law and the prophets was only a witness to the real thing. JESUS was born and lived a sinless life after facing every temptation a human could face.

 

HE was murdered for the sins humans did and blamed for those sins. HE was raised from the dead and by believing in the need for HIS salvation, anyone can be freed from eternal pain.

 

  • GOD gave me free will to choose HIM.
  • GOD gave me a free gift that was extremely valuable to HIM, namely HIS SON had to die.
  • GOD gave me freedom from an eternal death through belief in the resurrection of JESUS.

 

Valuing something “free” is sometimes hard to do. I mean, why would someone go through extreme trouble, time, effort or wealth to give me something free? “What’s the catch?” I would ask. No catch, just love.

 

GOD wants me to believe in JESUS and be excited enough to wear HIM on the outside every day even in situations that don’t match, like work or entertainment or social gatherings. I am grateful GOD went through all that trouble just for me.

 

  • Are you excited about a gift someone gave you?
  • Do you have sentimental value over a free gift?
  • Will you value a “free” gift that cost a life, namely JESUS’, by believing you need salvation and have been given the opportunity for freedom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment