Monday, January 18, 2021

Provided For

 Provided For

Romans 3: 25-26 God offered him, so that by his blood he should become the means by which people's sins are forgiven through their faith in him. God did this in order to demonstrate that he is righteous. In the past he was patient and overlooked people's sins; but in the present time he deals with their sins, in order to demonstrate his righteousness. In this way God shows that he himself is righteous and that he puts right everyone who believes in Jesus.

 

============

 

“How will I eat?” and “Where will I sleep?” and “Will it be cold or hot?” and “Bugs… Will there be bugs?” were some of the many questions I asked as I volunteered to go on a missions trip to another country. The missions trip leader relaxed my mind by saying “Don’t worry, everything is taken care of.” This rested my mind a little, but the unknown was still ahead.

 

The unknown can sometimes raise many questions inside me.

The unknown can sometimes make me feel uneasy.

The unknown can sometimes make me question if I will be taken care of.

 

Paul continues writing about the Law of Moses. The Law was given to the Jews but the Gentiles benefit from it because GOD wrote the Law in everyone’s heart. The Law is used to show our need for GOD to save us. But doing the Law does not provide salvation. GOD provided “the means” for which we are saved, namely belief in JESUS.

 

GOD knew I would not choose HIM so HE chose me.

GOD knew I needed to be saved so HE chose to die for me.

GOD knew someone had to die to pay for all the sins of the world so HE chose to die so I could live.

 

Trying to be “good” is fine, but what happens when I mess up? Do I get a “do-over?” GOD showed compassion for me and forgave me of all my sins. HE then sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me so I can be guided daily. HE also wants the best for me, so HE corrects me when I sin. I am glad HE is righteous and I accept HIS correction and eternal salvation.

 

Are you worried about your future?

Do you think your skills or talents got you where you are?

Will you place your faith in JESUS and allow HIM to correct you while providing you with everything you need to fulfil the purpose HE has for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment