Thursday, January 14, 2021

Now We Know

 

Now We Know

Romans 3: 19 Now we know that everything in the Law applies to those who live under the Law, in order to stop all human excuses and bring the whole world under God's judgment. 20 For no one is put right in God's sight by doing what the Law requires; what the Law does is to make us know that we have sinned.

 

============

 

Sitting in court waiting to plea my case, I heard other traffic violator’s statements. “I did not know the speed limit because there were no signs” was the one that interested me. The judge said, “Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Pay the fine and court costs.” Wow! I was going to use that one. I stepped out of the courtroom and paid the normal fine.

 

  • There were times when I knew I was wrong.
  • There were times when I did what was wrong anyway.
  • There were times when I felt something in my conscience that I was doing something wrong.

 

Paul summarizes the point about the Law of Moses. While it was given to the Jews, it applies to the whole world. The application is not to save the world, but point out that we are sinners.

 

  • GOD wants me to know I need HIS salvation.
  • GOD wants me to know I am a sinner and need HIS power every day.
  • GOD wants me to admit I am wrong and need to be right, but cannot do it myself.

 

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse. All of us have sinned and we are not worthy to judge the one who fell, namely Satan. When he tried to be GOD, he was thrown from heaven. He tempted the first humans in an attempt to block any human from opening his sealed fate. BUT JESUS became that sinless human. I am glad JESUS did not sin and was raised from the dead, just for me.

 

  • Are you tired of following so many rules?
  • Do you get mad at GOD for pointing out sin?
  • Will you change your thinking and be glad that JESUS overcame the Law in order to save you by just believing in HIS loving action for you?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment