Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Secret Plans

 

Secret Plans

Romans 2: 12 The Gentiles do not have the Law of Moses; they sin and are lost apart from the Law. The Jews have the Law; they sin and are judged by the Law. 13 For it is not by hearing the Law that people are put right with God, but by doing what the Law commands. 14 The Gentiles do not have the Law; but whenever they do by instinct what the Law commands, they are their own law, even though they do not have the Law. 15 Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts. Their consciences also show that this is true, since their thoughts sometimes accuse them and sometimes defend them. 16 And so, according to the Good News I preach, this is how it will be on that Day when God through Jesus Christ will judge the secret thoughts of all.

 

============

 

Looking out the window, I wished I could be outside playing. Overhearing how other people slipped away from school at lunch gave me an idea. I would try this myself. I planned my escape carefully and did accomplish my goal. Of course I did this on the very day my parents chose to be at home. Now I had to lie and pretend I was sick. I never made it outside.

 

  • I have had many wrong thoughts that I wanted to do.
  • I have had many wrong thoughts that I wanted to act on.
  • I have had many wrong thoughts that I turned into plans and the plans turned into actions.

 

Paul writes about the Gentile’s and the Jew’s connection to the Law of Moses. He states, the Jews have the Law and are judged by it but the Gentiles do not have the Law but still act according to the Law because it is written in their hearts. He then sums up his statement by saying JESUS will judge the secret thoughts of all.

 

  • GOD wants me to put HIS ways in my heart.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM to clean my heart because I do not know how evil I can be.
  • GOD wants me to take every thought that pops in my mind and place them through HIS ways to see if I should act on it.

 

Temptation is not fair. I mean, humans are like sheep who sees another patch of yummy grass when it comes to sin. BUT GOD, being the shepherd, guides me away from the dangers of sin by giving me a way to avoid it.

 

GOD will judge my deepest secret plans that no one knows about. HE will show everyone what I have hidden in my heart. Any hatred, lust, greed, lie, cheat, anger, doubt, or fear, will be brought to the surface and put on display. I believe, the pain will be lessened by exposing my sin before HE does. I am glad GOD forgives me for the sin I hide in my heart.

 

  • What are you hiding?
  • Do you think you are getting away with the secret sin you have?
  • Will you grow up and stop justifying your secret plans that lead you to sin and ask GOD to clean your heart so you can be guided by HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment