Thursday, January 21, 2021

You are Covered

 

You are Covered

Romans 4: David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

 

============

 

As I ordered my burger, I could not wait to eat. It was lunchtime and this was a departure from the normal bologna sandwich I would carry around in a paper bag. When the burger was cooked, he asked for payment. To my dismay, I left the money at home I was supposed to put in my wallet. “That’s okay, you are covered.” He graciously said to me. Bring it in tomorrow. I was relieved.

 

  • Many people have been gracious to me.
  • Many people have done thing for me who I am indebted to.
  • Many people have not counted my debt against me.

 

Paul reflects on David’s words in one of the Psalms. David mentions that GOD credits righteousness apart from works. Paul mentions that GOD knows the sins of the one who believes in HIS grace, but does not hold that sin against that person.

 

  • GOD wants me to believe that my sins have been forgiven by JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to be excited that there is nothing more that needs to be done for my salvation.
  • GOD wants me to be secure in my relationship with HIM.

 

Knowing I am “covered” means I do not owe GOD anything. I do not owe GOD money, time or treasure. With this realization, I owe HIM everything. I mean, it is really exciting to have a relationship with some as generous as GOD. HE looked at my debt and died for it. What more could HE do?

 

HE wiped away all my debt and nothing more is owed. I am so thankful, that I feel I have to give HIM something. What do I give to the being who owns everything? I give myself, thankfully.

 

  • Are you so distracted with the world’s debts that you overlook the debt you owe to GOD?
  • Do you think your efforts to stop doing some sins, earns you some righteous points?
  • Will you simply believe that JESUS paid it all and all to HIM you owe today?

No comments:

Post a Comment