Monday, July 11, 2022

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Philippians 2: 17 Perhaps my life's blood is to be poured out like an offering on the sacrifice that your faith offers to God. If that is so, I am glad and share my joy with you all. 18 In the same way, you too must be glad and share your joy with me.

 

============

 

Working hard, day and night, seemed to pay off. Our team won an award and we were recognized throughout the company. We came together and traded “war” stories. “Remember when things seemed awful?” we reminisced.

 

  • I worked hard to accomplish something for a job.
  • I poured many hours into something I believed in at the time.
  • I was part of a team who also shared in the pain and the reward.

 

Paul considers the hard work and hardship he went through as his “life’s blood.” He was not looking at this like a trophy or an accomplishment for a workaholic. He knew it took sacrifice to give up a life for GOD and the believers in JESUS were worth it.

 

My Observations

  • It took JESUS’s blood to save me for eternity.
  • It took HIS sweat like blood as HE prayed for me to be saved.
  • It took HE tears as HE cried over me knowing I did not know what I was doing while sinning.

 

Blood, sweat and tears is a human term for someone’s life’s work. I mean, many people pour themselves into something they may or may not be known for. GOD sees how we spend our time and has criteria unknown to us that creates rewards for those who believe in JESUS as the Savior.

 

We fight, get knocked down and get back up because we serve people to bring many to CHRIST. We do not do this alone. We serve JESUS together and share in the joy when we see HIS fruit. I am glad to be part of an adopted global family who seeks joy through CHRIST.

 

Challenge

  • Who is the writer excited about?
  • What does faith have to do with life’s work?
  • Can you share your joy with others so they can be encouraged that you are serving the LORD and are determined to continue at all costs today?

No comments:

Post a Comment