Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Will

Will

Philippians 2: He was humble and walked the path of obedience all the way to death—
    his death on the cross.
For this reason God raised him to the highest place above

    and gave him the name that is greater than any other name.
10 And so, in honor of the name of Jesus
    all beings in heaven, on earth, and in the world below
    will fall on their knees,
11 and all will openly proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord,

    to the glory of God the Father.

 

============

 

Walking into a quiz was a surprise to me. I had missed the previous class that announced the quiz and was unprepared. I walked out and applied for an extension to take the quiz the following week. During that week, I felt like giving up. I was asked to go to a party. “I wonder if I should” I thought to myself.

 

  • I was discouraged and felt like giving up.
  • I wanted to finish, but was easily distracted by people and circumstances.
  • I felt alone with no guidance.

 

Paul continues to describe what JESUS did after becoming a human. He talked about the humility and obedience JESUS carried as HIS normal way of living. HE could have said, “I AM GOD, so you better do as I say.” But HE never uttered those words. Instead HE remained obedient all the way to death.

 

My Observations

  • My “will” can cause me to lose focus of “GOD’s will.”
  • GOD wants me to align my desires to HIS “will” so I can see true success.
  • One day I “will” bow my knees and proclaim JESUS is LORD.

 

“Will” can mean leaving stuff to people, an act of kindness, a strong desire or a future state of being. All of these definitions were fulfilled by GOD through JESUS. HE gave everything to HIM because of HIS obedience and humility. JESUS showed immense kindness to HIS creation, even though they hated HIM. HE was determined to accomplish HIS task and walked with perfection, though tempted at every decision.

 

One day all “will” fall on our knees and all “will” openly proclaim that JESUS CHRIST is LORD. Whether we like it or not, it “will” be revealed to us who JESUS really is. I am thankful GOD enables me to do HIS “will” by giving me the HOLY SPIRIT. I believe what JESUS did was necessary.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer amazed about?
  • Have you ever wanted to be noticed for your title or accomplishments or some other status?
  • Have you ever been forced to submit to authority when someone you did not like received a title?
  • “Will” you openly and “willingly” point your life to JESUS without any expectation and begin proclaiming that HE IS LORD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment