Monday, July 25, 2022

Supported

Supported

Philippians 4: Euodia and Syntyche, please, I beg you, try to agree as sisters in the Lord. And you too, my faithful partner, I want you to help these women; for they have worked hard with me to spread the gospel, together with Clement and all my other fellow workers, whose names are in God's book of the living.

 

May you always be joyful in your union with the Lord. I say it again: rejoice!

 

============

 

Not knowing what I was doing, I stayed up late trying to understand my next move. I had never led anything, and now it was my turn to lead a group. Someone must have saw my struggles so he or she paired me up with a more experienced person.

 

  • I was glad to have the help.
  • I did not know what I was doing and felt overwhelmed.
  • I was relieved to be supported.

 

Paul begs two women to agree. He, himself had disagreements that he regretted. He later saw that agreeing with a variety of approaches is far better than everyone doing things the same way. He then requests support for the two women who had a disagreement because they were passionate about the LORD.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to be passionate about spreading the Gospel.
  • GOD wants my passion to be focused with discernment and agreement with a variety of approaches.
  • GOD wants me to appreciate many styles so I can support versus debate.

 

“There is the right way and there is your way” is most people’s approach. I mean, when it comes to GOD, it seems like worship is the most segregated, gender and age biased thing we can do. Disagreements over music types, racial examples and “young” or “old” thinking keep us separated and weak. BUT GOD has a remedy.

 

Unity with the LORD breaks down arguments about GOD. When I unite with the LORD, HE is the center of attention, not me. HE gets presented in the way that is best for all and I can rejoice even when it is not sung or said the way I would expect. I am glad to be supported and I will support the efforts of those who seek the spreading of the Gospel of our LORD.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer wants these two women to agree?
  • Have you ever been passionate about something and were met with someone who was just as passionate about an opposing, yet correct, view of the Savior?
  • Will you unite under CHRIST and figure out how to support one another’s views so “more” people can be reached for HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment