Thursday, July 21, 2022

Waiting for Change

Waiting for Change

Philippians 3: 17 Keep on imitating me, my friends. Pay attention to those who follow the right example that we have set for you. 18 I have told you this many times before, and now I repeat it with tears: there are many whose lives make them enemies of Christ's death on the cross. 19 They are going to end up in hell, because their god is their bodily desires. They are proud of what they should be ashamed of, and they think only of things that belong to this world. 20 We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven. 21 He will change our weak mortal bodies and make them like his own glorious body, using that power by which he is able to bring all things under his rule.

 

============

 

Things were not going as I expected so I decided to hang out with various people who seemed to be having “fun.” Weekends were spent prowling in the clubs, but soon that got old. I decided to go to church. I ran into a guy at church who recognized me and said loudly “We had a great time at the club last night!”

 

  • I was trying to live two lives; one to fulfill my bodily desires and one that sought to do right.
  • I was embarrassed that my hidden side had been exposed.
  • I was upset that the example I pretended to set was now besmirched.

 

Paul makes a bold statement when he says “Keep on imitating me.” He also mentions to pay attention to those who follow the right example. Were they perfect and never made mistakes? No. They simply placed their hope in “eagerly” waiting on the LORD.

 

My Observations

  • I am not a citizen of this world, rather a citizen of heaven through CHRIST JESUS.
  • I must eagerly wait for our Savior, the LORD JEWSUS CHRIST to come from heaven.
  • I look forward to having my earthly body changed into the same glorious body CHRIST has.

 

As I live and breathe, I will continue to make mistakes. I mean, I am a sinner who craves sin. BUT GOD has something better than me fulfilling my sinful desires. HE gives me purpose in HIS SON, JESUS our LORD and Savior.

 

I can now say “One day there will be no pain, no misery and no hurt.” I can also say “HE will wipe away my tears and I will one day be free from all sin and shame.” The ultimate example is not acting perfect, rather eagerly waiting on perfection to return. I am glad JESUS paid for all my sins and will one day return for me and you.

 

Challenge

  • What enemy does the writer mention?
  • Is there a part of your life that you may be fighting GOD?
  • Will you allow the HOLY SPIRIT to enter into your life and guide you to follow the right examples set forth by JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment