Tuesday, July 12, 2022

About You

About You

Philippians 2: 19 If it is the Lord's will, I hope that I will be able to send Timothy to you soon, so that I may be encouraged by news about you. 20 He is the only one who shares my feelings and who really cares about you. 21 Everyone else is concerned only with their own affairs, not with the cause of Jesus Christ. 22 And you yourselves know how he has proved his worth, how he and I, like a son and his father, have worked together for the sake of the gospel. 23 So I hope to send him to you as soon as I know how things are going to turn out for me. 24 And I trust in the Lord that I myself will be able to come to you soon.

 

============

 

“What about me?” I pouted on many occasions. There was that time when “this” person got more attention them me or “that” person was given something “I” should have had. The more I thought about these situations, the more angry I became.

 

  • I was hurt and lonely.
  • I was not able to see other people because I had my own problems.
  • I had good reason for voicing “my” problems, “my” discomfort and “my” cause.

 

Paul expresses his deep care about everyone. He wants to send a very dedicated person he adopted as his “son.” He could not hold Timothy to himself, rather felt it more profitable to send him to those in need. His cause was about JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • There are times when I want to focus on my needs BUT GOD wants me to see HIS people.
  • There are times when I ask “What about me?”, BUT GOD wants me to ask “What about them?”
  • There are times when I “feel” like “I” need the attention and to be served and to be seen as special, BUT GOD wants HIS SON to be in the spotlight so HE may be seen by all.

 

“What about me?” is not a bad question. I mean, when I am running on empty, I may not be any good to anyone around me. I need to be filled up as much as the next person. But after I get filled up, GOD wants me to share HIS overflowing love with others.

 

HE wants me to make it about HIM, so HE focuses my attention on “you.” This message is about you and I hope and pray GOD pours out HIS blessings on you. I hope your heart is filled with elation and HE opens doors for you that cannot be shut. I am grateful to have you in my life.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think is the writer’s motive?
  • Have you ever felt left out, forgotten or not special?
  • Will you be filled with the words of love from GOD so you can focus your attention on sending strong people away from you to others in need today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment