Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Human Nature

Human Nature

Philippians 2:The attitude you should have is the one that Christ Jesus had:

 He always had the nature of God,

    but he did not think that by force he should try to remain equal with God.
Instead of this, of his own free will he gave up all he had,

    and took the nature of a servant.
He became like a human being
    and appeared in human likeness.

 

============

 

Tying a towel around my neck, I adorned myself with a cape. Holding my hands out in front of me, I ran as if I was flying. For a moment, I was not me but a superhero. I could fight crime while remaining invincible!

 

  • I pretended I was impervious to pain.
  • I pretended to be the “good” guy.
  • I pretended I was able to do anything I wanted because of my superhuman strength.

 

Paul describes a very strange attitude that is hard for humans to understand. JESUS took on the nature of a servant by becoming a human. HE, being GOD, gave up everything voluntarily to become a weak, needy human. HE did not become a high ranking official, rather a servant.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to see the example of JESUS as attitude adjuster.
  • GOD wants me to fight what comes natural to me, namely sin.
  • GOD wants me to give up all I have to HIM so HE can use it for HIS good.

 

JESUS gave up everything to save you and me. I mean, HE did not have to be born or grow up, or be chased, or insulted or murdered, but HE chose to be. HE became the lowest of the low, not only to save us, but to be an example of what the FATHER wants us to be.

 

Sin is our nature and the only cure is the nature of GOD. For a moment, I can pretend to be JESUS by becoming a servant. HE looked for people to serve rather than being served. HE delights when I seek to be like HIM. I am glad HE gives me opportunities to serve HIM by serving others.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think GOD is?
  • If you were all knowing, all seeing, and all powerful, would you give it up to become a servant to people you know would hate you enough to kill you?
  • Will you see what JESUS has done for you, so you can praise HIM and seek HIS nature and bring many to HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment