Thursday, July 7, 2022

Working It Out

Working It Out

Philippians 2: 12 So then, dear friends, as you always obeyed me when I was with you, it is even more important that you obey me now while I am away from you. Keep on working with fear and trembling to complete your salvation, 13 because God is always at work in you to make you willing and able to obey his own purpose.

 

============

 

Being stopped by a local thug was always a scary encounter. This particular day was no different. One thug stopped me and asked me questions. I wondered what that was all about, but went along with it because I felt I had no other choice.

 

I noticed other thugs snickering. When the encounter was over, someone said, “They were working together to pick your pockets.” They had gone through my coat without my knowledge.

 

  • I was distracted by questions.
  • I was deceived by something that scared me.
  • I was detoured from my destination because I was not looking at where I was going.

 

Paul provides a warning to “keep on working with fear and trembling to complete your salvation.” He knew there would be many false teachers, greedy people and thieves who wanted followers versus genuine followers of the Living CHRIST. He tells everyone who believes that “GOD is always at work in you.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to keep praying to not be deceived.
  • GOD wants me to fear falling for false teaching, false preaching and false movements that could distract me from HIS will.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has a purpose for me that the deceiver wants to stop at all costs.

 

Purpose is a gift from GOD. I mean, HE gave me a purpose to point people to the Most High GOD, through belief in JESUS. You would think this would be easy, but the deceiver has made it difficult. Through worldly tactics, the enemy fools people into trying to make GOD into “their” image.

 

False teaching confuses people, false images deceive people and false information worry people. BUT GOD took care of all of that too. HE makes believers “willing and able to obey HIS purpose” to prevent being deterred. I gladly work out my relationship with GOD by fearing being deceived and by pursuing HIS will.

 

Challenge

  • What obedience do you think the writer is describing?
  • How is GOD working in you?
  • Will you continue to pursue the truth about GOD by seeking HIM through HIS Word and by serving HIM through loving others today?

No comments:

Post a Comment