Monday, July 18, 2022

Raised From Exhaustion

 

Raised From Exhaustion

Philippians 3: Not only those things; I reckon everything as complete loss for the sake of what is so much more valuable, the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have thrown everything away; I consider it all as mere garbage, so that I may gain Christ and be completely united with him. I no longer have a righteousness of my own, the kind that is gained by obeying the Law. I now have the righteousness that is given through faith in Christ, the righteousness that comes from God and is based on faith. 10 All I want is to know Christ and to experience the power of his resurrection, to share in his sufferings and become like him in his death, 11 in the hope that I myself will be raised from death to life.

 

============

 

After running out of gas again, I vowed to keep a couple of gallons in the tank. Being on the side of the road without gas was frustrating! I woke up, needing to be someplace; jumped in the jalopy of a car and it would not start. The battery was dead. “Ugh! I just got gas!”

 

  • Just when I thought I did everything right, something else went wrong.
  • “When will it all come together for me?” was my cry in disappointment.
  • I had lost hope and was exhausted because there were too many things “I” needed to fix.

 

“Achievement” and “Self-Righteousness” were attitudes Paul addressed. Following the Law to the letter was something he no longer wished to “achieve.” GOD had opened his eyes to the fact that he had become “self-righteous” and was persecuting those who sought JESUS. He looked at his actions as a loss.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS is my only true salvation.
  • Believing that I can change GOD’s mind by acting good for a short period of time, causes me to be exhausted.
  • Connecting my “dead battery” of trying too hard to the power of JESUS’ resurrection gives me endless hope that cannot be exhausted.

 

Running on empty could mean I was trying too hard to please GOD. I mean, JESUS died for me, was raised from the dead and sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me. I had nothing to do with that. I should praise HIM continually, but I find a way to attempt to control GOD so everything will go “my” way.

 

When “bad” things happen, I try to do the Law “better.” BUT GOD sees through this filthy righteousness. All HE wants me to do is to place my faith in JESUS. I am glad I can place my hope in HIS resurrection and look forward to being with HIM eternally.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer consider a complete loss?
  • Have you ever thought you were doing things perfectly and still not pleasing GOD?
  • Have you ever tried to convince GOD that you deserve better because you sinned less last week?
  • Will you place your full hope in JESUS and allow HIM to guide you through life without needing to achieve HIS love that HE already has for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment