Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Finding Peace

Finding Peace

Philippians 4: Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart. And God's peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.

 

============

 

“Can I please have a name brand shoe?” was my request. After years of trying, I realized I was not going to get the fashionable items from my parents. Their hard earned money was used for bills, or at least that’s what they said. When I was old enough I got a job. I bought name brand shoes. “LORD, please don’t have it rain today” was my ask.

 

  • I wanted people to see my new shoes.
  • I did not want “my” shoes to get dirty from rain or dirty places.
  • I was proud that I was finally able to buy shoes without the oppression of a budget.

 

Paul provides some quick, yet sage advice to contentment. He knew that living in this world would bring on temptations to have nice things. He also knew people would become discontent by not having these things. He suggested a much better way of thinking about things, namely “be thankful.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to be thankful for JESUS saving me.
  • GOD wants me to be thankful for all that HE has brought me through.
  • GOD wants me to be thankful for the people, places and things in my life so I can see that I am abundantly blessed.

 

Being thankful for people reduces rage over something he or she did. Also, being thankful for the places GOD has me in, opens my eyes to the ministry HE has given me to reap abundant rewards. When I am thankful for the old worn out thing, I reduce my being discontent.

 

GOD sees thankfulness as a sacred place. Kinda like an elevator reaching a floor. Once I reach the level of thankfulness, GOD says “Here, have peace.” HE then opens my mind and my heart to HIS safety that does not make sense to those who seek other people, places and things for their peace. I am grateful GOD reminds me that peace can be found by thankfulness of HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What things does the writer suggest you pray for?
  • Have you ever been discontent with the things you have?
  • Have you ever received something and wanted something else that is similar, later?
  • Will you be thankful for who you are, what you have, the people in your life, the things you have and where GOD has you , so you can reach HIS peace HE wants you to have today?

No comments:

Post a Comment