Friday, July 8, 2022

Bright Side

Bright Side

Philippians 2: 14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15 so that you may be innocent and pure as God's perfect children, who live in a world of corrupt and sinful people. You must shine among them like stars lighting up the sky, 16 as you offer them the message of life. If you do so, I shall have reason to be proud of you on the Day of Christ, because it will show that all my effort and work have not been wasted.

 

============

 

“The problem with this place is…” was my normal statement. I could spot what was “wrong” a mile away. I also had fallen into a habit of complaining about “bad” service. I had experienced “good” service and compared it to those who could not roll out the red carpet to me. This gave me ground to “argue” about payment or even getting more out the deal.

 

  • I had become a habitual complainer.
  • I had become combative and argumentative.
  • I could not tell my adversaries about CHRIST, but I won the argument, or so I thought.

 

Complaints and arguments dim the light CHRIST wants us to shine, according to Paul. As we navigate this world full of combative, demanding and selfish people, complaints and arguments go unnoticed. Only GOD’s light will show up different.

 

My Observations

  • Growing up to walk in GOD’s light is hard for me but necessary.
  • Reducing complaints so GOD can be seen is much better path for me, and is not easy to do, but necessary.
  • Reducing arguments so GOD can be heard provides a rich environment for all, which is not always easy but necessary.

 

Protecting myself from bullies of all kind, overt and passive, led me to shameful tactics that included complaining about people and arguing against them. This combative approach toughened me up to face those who attacked me. BUT GOD’s light shining through me was dimmed at each “win.’ Someone has to lose win “I” win.

 

Also, the enemy found a way to perpetuate his complaints about each person. He doesn’t have to go before GOD complaining about a person when he has enlisted people to complain about each other. GOD’s light requires peace, love, joy, patience, and gentleness, to name a few. I am glad HE helps me reduce complaints and arguments, and hope someday they will be extinguished.

 

Challenge

  • What stands out about the writers warning?
  • Have you ever assessed how much you complain about people or “that” person?
  • Is it easy for you to argue or to help someone see a “better” way?
  • Will you seek to show GOD’s light by reducing your combat and looking for ways to help everyone “win” versus someone losing his or her life for eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment