Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Keep Going "Froward!"

Keep Going "Froward!"

Philippians 3: 12 I do not claim that I have already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving to win the prize for which Christ Jesus has already won me to himself. 13 Of course, my friends, I really do not think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. 14 So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God's call through Christ Jesus to the life above.

 

============

 

Wearing newish shoes was special to me because it happened once a year. This pair was cloth with rubber soles. I accidentally stepped in some dog poop. It got all over the shoes. I tried wiping the shoe on the grass to no avail. The stench wreaked the entire day at school, so much so that it brought unwanted attention to me.

 

  • I was constantly reminded about my mistake.
  • I was upset that my newish shoes were ruined and I had to wait a whole year for another pair.
  • I was embarrassed because I distracted other people with my problem.

 

Paul gives everyone a great suggestion. “Keep striving to win the prize for which CHRIST JESUS has already won…” He then states he is not perfect, which implies that he made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes. He gives a solution for making mistakes. “Reach what is ahead.”

 

My Observations

  • The enemy constantly reminds me of my mistakes, BUT GOD reminds me HE has forgiven me.
  • I replay mistakes over and over with regret, BUT GOD shows me I am still on HIS path.
  • Embarrassment plagued my thoughts BUT GOD gave me purpose which wiped away my shame.

 

“GOD’s call through CHRIST to life above” is the one and only true goal. I mean, all other goals I set for myself will be riddled with problems and failures. Like stepping in dog poop, these issues remind me that things could be better or “new” or “different.” I then complain to GOD which takes me off HIS path.

 

Fortunately GOD picks me up and places me back on HIS path. HE bends down and washes my feet, making everything new. Old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. I am glad GOD is the goal and HE allows me to make mistakes because HE can clean up any mess and make me new.

 

Challenge

  • Does the writer think he is perfect?
  • What does perfection look like in your mind?
  • Have you ever been disappointed with yourself for falling or failure?
  • Will you be forgiven through CHRIST JESUS so you can run straight towards HIS purpose and allow HIM to wipe the sticky mess off your feet today?

No comments:

Post a Comment