Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Chaos Contained

 

Chaos Contained

Colossians 1: 17 Christ existed before all things, and in union with him all things have their proper place. 18 He is the head of his body, the church; he is the source of the body's life. He is the first-born Son, who was raised from death, in order that he alone might have the first place in all things.

 

============

 

Running late, I hurried to get myself out the door. I grabbed whatever things I could remember for work and hastily jumped in the car. When I got to work, I reached for the computer and it wasn’t there.

 

  • I had a chaotic morning that day.
  • I hurried through my decisions and caused more chaos.
  • I caused my own chaos and had to deal with the consequences of my actions.

 

In a world filled with chaos, Paul gives an assuring message. He spoke about JESUS existing before all things. Everything has its proper place in JESUS. HE is the source of life.

 

My Observations

  • When the world gets chaotic, I can always turn to JESUS who brings all things into order.
  • Knowing that JESUS existed before all things helps me put my current thing under HIM.
  • Since JESUS overcame death, I can know that there is nothing too hard for HIM.

 

Chaos is scared of order. I mean, chaos wants randomness to create fear in my heart. The unknown gets bigger and bigger, causing me to move faster and faster into possible bad decisions. BUT GOD has a remedy for chaos.

 

JESUS is the head of the church, which is the group of those who believe in HIS resurrection. HE is the source of life for all who believe. All chaos can be brough to HIM in prayer and HE in turn will order our steps. I am glad HE is willing to take first place to bring peace to me.

 

Challenge

  • What “things” does the writer speak of?
  • Have you ever felt your life is out of control?
  • Do you have a place to give your chaos?
  • Will you bring your life into order by giving it to the one who existed before all things, namely JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment