Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Thanks for the Chance

 

Thanks for the Chance

Philippians 4: 14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. 15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account.

 

============

 

With no job, no connections and no money, I interviewed with one company. I did not know how to interview and I wore a suit from my high school graduation, even though I was now leaving college. Against all odds, the recruiter took a chance on me.

 

  • I was thankful!
  • I was excited!
  • I was grateful and humbled that someone took a chance on me.

 

Paul looked back on the long hard road he took. In the beginning of his ministry, Paul gave up his material wealth to go from place to place preaching the Gospel. No one wanted to help him being an ex-Pharisee. But one group of people took a chance and supported him with more than money.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants HIS SON to be known to humans.
  • Opposition to spreading the Gospel should be expected.
  • GOD provides support from people who share in HIS desire to spread the Gospel.

 

Having a burden for those in need is nice, BUT GOD wants more. I mean, HE wants salvation for all humans. Doing all that it takes to ensure GOD’s message is heard can bring on a great deal of prayer. Opposition to GOD’s very existence, coupled with greedy, power hungry humans, makes it seem impossible for anyone to believe the Good News about JESUS. But it happens.

 

JESUS decided to take a chance on humanity by becoming a human, living a sinless life, allowing HIS creation to murder HIM and being raised from the dead. HIS resurrection gave me a second chance because my sin doomed me to die for all eternity. I am grateful JESUS did all that for me and I am also grateful for those who supported me spreading the Gospel.

 

Challenge

  • Can you feel the writer’s gratitude?
  • Has GOD called you to start out on a ministry and you don’t have any means to do so?
  • Will you start out with thankfulness and pursue being led by the HOLY SPIRIT in spreading the Gospel anyway today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please provide for those who seek spreading the Great News about JESUS. Help the reader know his or her purpose in YOU today. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment