Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Still Going

Still Going

Colossians 1: The gospel keeps bringing blessings and is spreading throughout the world, just as it has among you ever since the day you first heard about the grace of God and came to know it as it really is. You learned of God's grace from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is Christ's faithful worker on our behalf. He has told us of the love that the Spirit has given you.

 

============

 

Everything seemed to be going wrong on this particular trip. We got picked up extremely late, got lost and when we arrived, no one was there. It seemed like the opportunity had passed to share our message. But after a while, people started showing up. Little by little , the room was full. My doubt turned to hope.

 

  • I was feeling discouraged.
  • I asked GOD “Why did all these obstacles happen if YOU wanted me to do what I was doing?”
  • I saw the condition of the world and it seemed hopeless to spread the Gospel.

 

Despite what people thought, “the Gospel keeps bringing blessings and is spreading throughout the world” Paul said. Though he and others faced hardships and may have sometimes felt like giving up, the Gospel was still going.

 

My Observations

  • Sometimes I may be blinded by my circumstances, BUT GOD’s message of love is still going.
  • Sometimes I may think no one is listening to GOD anymore, BUT GOD has plenty of listeners.
  • Sometimes I may be troubled by my own sin, BUT GOD’s grace reigns supreme.

 

Grace is hard to imaging when calamity is present. I mean, when things seem to be going wrong all over the place, I may get discouraged and think GOD isn’t there or does not care. This is a lie I am happy GOD does not leave me in.

 

Instead, HE gave me the HOLY SPIRIT as my comforter, who lives inside me. My pain and sorrow turns into a testimony of GOD’s grace that is powerful enough to draw people to HIM. I am grateful GOD’s grace is still going, providing blessings and is more powerful that ever!

 

Challenge

  • What blessings is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you listened to the news and felt like abandoning GOD?
  • Will you stand firm on your faith in CHRIST and be encouraged that GOD is still blessing you and others despite the news of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment