Thursday, August 11, 2022

Being Seen

 

Being Seen

Philippians 4: 21 Greetings to each one of God's people who belong to Christ Jesus. The believers here with me send you their greetings. 22 All God's people here send greetings, especially those who belong to the Emperor's palace.

 

23 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

 

============

 

Walking into the convention center, I saw thousands of smiling faces. It was the first day of the convention and I did not know anyone. I wandered the convention floor without destination. When they held a greeting session, I felt better. I was introduced to people.

 

  • I felt lonely in a huge crowd.
  • I felt unseen even though I was in the middle of thousands.
  • I felt better when I was greeted.

 

Paul concludes his letter with greetings from him and many believers. The believers at Philippi had gone through much and some felt dejected, lonely and were on the brink of giving up. Paul mentions twice that the people send their greetings as if to say, “We see you!”

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to see the unseen people like the homeless person tucked away in the corner.
  • GOD wants me to understand that people need prayer.
  • GOD wants me to greet people, introducing them to others so I can meet people who may be lonely as I was at the convention.

 

Being seen is not easy. I mean, in these days of self-promotion, the quiet and misunderstood can be pushed out. BUT GOD sees everyone and lives in those who believe in HIS SON. The HOLY SPIRIT guides me to greet people and bring them into HIS family.

 

Greeting people says “I see you and you are welcome here!” I am glad GOD send people to greet and welcome others.

 

Challenge

  • Who is the audience of the writer?
  • Have you ever felt lonely or insecure?
  • Will you join a group of believers in CHRIST and greet people differently so he or she can be seen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment