Friday, August 26, 2022

Friend for Purpose

Friend for Purpose

Colossians 1: 21 At one time you were far away from God and were his enemies because of the evil things you did and thought. 22 But now, by means of the physical death of his Son, God has made you his friends, in order to bring you, holy, pure, and faultless, into his presence.

 

============

 

Desiring to move up in the company, I asked a bold statement. “What is wrong with how I do things?” Fortunately I asked the right person and soon I was surrounded by a few mentors who could nudge my decision making from a “doer” role into a “leader.” The transition was difficult.

 

  • I wasn’t even thinking like a leader.
  • I thought I was supposed to tell people what to do and they would do it.
  • I was far from a “leader” because my thoughts were not on the same track as theirs.

 

Paul makes it clear that everyone’s thoughts and actions were far from GOD. Constant thought of evil and actions that were not of GOD, made everyone HIS enemy. BUT GOD had a remedy. HE made up with HIS creation through HIS SON.

 

My Observations

  • My thoughts and actions were far away from GOD.
  • By believing in JESUS’ death, burial and resurrection, I can learn a new way of thinking that is not on self.
  • My past, present and future sins are all forgiven only because of what GOD did.

 

GOD made up with HIS creation on purpose. If HE did not do what HE did, we would all be lost. HE made a way for us to be holy, pure and faultless so we can be in HIS presence. HE cannot stand even the slightest sin, and needed a way to make us clean. JESUS is that way.

 

When JESUS volunteered to die for the sins of humanity, I can’t imagine the pain of GOD. But somehow, it was accepted and the deed was done. We became friends on purpose so was could have a relationship with GOD that is everlasting. I am glad GOD made me HIS friend.

 

Challenge

  • Do you see yourself in the writer’s words?
  • Have you ever thought that your sin is too large or repetitious for GOD to forgive?
  • Will you praise GOD for what HE has done so HE can be your friend, guiding you into holiness, purity and faultlessness today?

No comments:

Post a Comment