Friday, August 19, 2022

Prayer for Your Strength

Prayer for Your Strength

Colossians 1: 11-12 May you be made strong with all the strength which comes from his glorious power, so that you may be able to endure everything with patience. And with joy give thanks to the Father, who has made you fit to have your share of what God has reserved for his people in the kingdom of light. 

 

============

 

Weakness has been a lifelong problem with me. From bullies who physically taunted me to falling for temptation to acquiescing to fear, it seemed like I had no strength to fight off foes I was supposed to.be able to withstand.

 

  • I felt weak.
  • I wondered “Why does GOD let people get away with things?”
  • I complained “Why do YOU allow attacks, hurt and pain?”

 

Paul knew many people would question their suffering and pain. Because of his relationship with CHRIST, he was able to do amazing things, but he also had to suffer great pain. Knowing the pain he went through, he said a small prayer for those who follow GOD and are persecuted for it.

 

My Observations

  • When I am weak, GOD is strong.
  • Placing everything in GOD’s hands makes me strong.
  • Seeking GOD’s protection helps me to let go of things that make me worry.

 

Too much ownership makes me worry which in turn causes me to take action “my” way. I mean, when I look at the thing that is in front of me, am I frustrated, or wanting “my” way or filled with fear? The answer has been “all \of the above.” BUT GOD has a remedy, “Give it to ME.”

 

No decision is too large or small for GOD. HE can withstand my sin and provide grace when I fall. HE gives me patience to not run away from difficulties and joy to endure hardship which brings thanks instead of complaints. I am thankful GOD is willing to share what HE has reserved for HIS people in the kingdom of light with me.

 

Challenge

  • What strength does the writer suggest?
  • Have you ever felt weak?
  • Will you let go of your decisions and allow GOD to guide you so you can endure “everything with patience?”

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please bless this reader with strength that comes from YOU. Bless this reader with endurance, patience, joy and thankfulness that YOU have made us share in YOUR kingdom of light. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment